Boys are Idiots

 

Lying on her stomach, she watched her cat pounce on a wrapper that had forgotten to be thrown in the dustbin. The feline enjoyed a game of chase with the piece of garbage, rapidly rushing behind it from one corner of the room to the other. The girl watched this, her mind blank, an Atif Aslam song playing through the Airpods in her ears. 

Sighing, her hands blindly searched the surface of the bed for her cellphone. Finding it, she brought it to her face, rapidly looking through the notifications. 

She first checked Snapchat. Apart from her best friend's post workout selfie, there was no message. She sent a 'YASSS' to her friend and closed the app. 

She then checked Instagram. Some funny reels, a post about the latest diet fad and some unsolicited messages from unknown people, there was nothing of note. 

She usually reserved her messenger app for last. Everyone knew the messaging app was for serious conversations. And this was the most serious conversation of all. 

Nothing. 

No message. 

No words of apology. No words of contrition. Nothing. 

Angry, she locked her phone and threw it back on the bed. 

Burying her head in the pillow, she let out a frustrated scream. 

Her phone rang. 

Frantically, she reached for it, hoping for.....

It was her friend. She sighed, but answered. "Boys are stupid!" she vented loudly. 

Her friend started laughing. "This is not news to me," she chuckled. 

"I swear, I'm contemplating giving it all up and heading to the mountains Prachi!" 

Prachi laughed some more. "Breathe babe! What happened?" 

Farah rolled her eyes, "He isn't getting me flowers for my birthday!" 

There was silence on the other end for a beat. "How do you even know this?" 

"Because he told me, 'I don't do flowers babe'", she imitated. 

"Have you considered that he wants to keep his plans a surprise for you?" 

"No! He is not that subtle!" she shouted. 

"Stop shouting Farah!" 

"Sorry," she mumbled. 

"I'm not supposed to tell you this...." Prachi's voice trailed off. 

"Tell me what?" she demanded, sitting up in the bed. 

"Okay, but you have to promise to act surprised!" 

"Promise!" Farah replied immediately. "Spill. Now". 

Prachi sighed. "There is something. But we know you get weird. And you always have to micromanage everything yourself. You don't trust us to come up with something. Its actually a very bad habit, you know!" 

"Yeah Yeah, I'm the devil!" Farah replied, waving her hand in dismissal. "What is being planned?" 

"I'm not giving it away! Karishma will kill me!" 

Farah chuckled. "No she wont!" 

"Totally will. My dead body will be found in some garbage bin somewhere and people will say 'Shame, she was too pretty to die so young!" 

Farah laughed, Prachi joining in. 

As the giggles subsided, so did the panic. "So you're saying I shouldn't be angry at the flowers thing?" 

Prachi rolled her eyes. "No, you really shouldn't!" 

"And boys aren't complete idiots?" 

Prachi snorted! "Bro, they're complete idiots, but you got us helping out na! Don't take tension and stop micromanaging!" 

Farah smiled. "Fine!" 

"Yay!" 

"Okay. Now I gotta go tell the stupid boy he needs to get a haircut!" 

"Farah! What did I say about the micromanaging?" 

"Hey! He told me to remind him!" Farah defended. 

"Whatever!" 

"Whatever back at you! Now bye. I love you!" 

"Love you too!" 

Both girls cut the line. 


PS- I have no idea where this post came from. Just felt like writing about two of my closest friends! :D 

Comments

Popular Posts