Snippet from my novel

The old biddy! I opened my mouth to finally have it out with her, when Rishi stepped ahead of me. Saroj auntie’s beady eyes zeroed in on him and her stance softened. Lascivious hag!

“We haven’t been introduced, have we?” he asked. He handed his files and bag to me. I ‘oofed’ under the weight, reminding myself to amp up the duration of my bicep curls. Checking to make sure that I hadn’t dropped to the floor, he moved towards Saroj aunty. “My name is Rishi.”

He extended a hand in her direction and she latched onto it. “Like Rishi Kapoor?”

“Exactly like Rishi Kapoor,” he answered in his most charming voice. Even though I couldn’t see them over the mountain of files in my hands, I was sure Rishi was flashing his famous dimples. “I’m working on Sonia’s column with her, have you read it?” His voice dripped honey.

“Yes. All of us in the building think that it’s ridiculous that she goes around parading her love life in front of the entire city.”

“Country,” I corrected from behind the files. Hey! It was a national newspaper and if they were spreading gossip about me, they better spread the correct version.

Comments

  1. this is funny ... are you done writing all of it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you liked it.
    I'm still writing this, am on chapter fourteen actually. So WIP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts